Search engine marketing is one of the most effective forms of advertising for local businesses. Nothing is better than showing up at the top of search results right when potential customers need your business. Local search marketing services can help increase your website’s visibility in search engines such as Google, which means you will get more phone calls, leads, and new customers in the door.
Search marketing comprises two different tactics, Paid Search Engine Marketing (Google Ads) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO). These tactics can work great for local businesses, but there are a few key differences between them.
Listed below, we’ve explained both services in more detail. If you would like to get started right away you can also get your free search marketing plan below.
Google Ads (Paid Search Engine Marketing)
About Google Ads for Local Businesses
Google Ads is a form of search engine marketing where advertisers pay to promote their business in Google search results. Google Ads runs on a Pay-Per-Click (PPC) model. Simply put, this means advertisers only have to pay when someone clicks on their ad.
These paid search results have the label “Ad” but look very similar to Google’s organic search results.
Most local businesses invest in Google Ads because it is one of the fastest and most effective ways to get in front of potential customers. It’s also a popular advertising channel because of the system’s flexibility. Businesses can start advertising with any budget and can start and stop their ads as needed.
Since it is such an effective form of advertising, it also comes with a lot of competition. Most local businesses will hire a marketing agency to create and manage their Google Ads to ensure they are getting the best return on investment.
Our Approach and Services
Here is our approach and what you can expect if you decide to use our search marketing services.
- The first step is to give us some information about your business and goals. We will then put together a free custom proposal highlighting our recommendations, research on your competitors, and more. This analysis is 100% free, and there is no obligation.
- You will receive your custom proposal, and our team will be able to answer any questions you may have.
- If all looks good and we decide to move forward, we will start implementing the plan. We will build your Google Ads account (or work on improving your existing account if you already have one.) This step is critical, and we take the time to set up your account for maximum profitability. Expect 2-3 business days for the completion of your Google Ads account.
- Once we build your Google Ads account, we will set up conversion tracking to measure the results. This tracking will help us measure and improve the effectiveness of your advertising budget. You will receive detailed reporting on phone calls, contacts, number of new customers, and more. Tracking these metrics help ensure we’re getting the best return on your investment.
- Once we launch your account, we optimize it each month to ensure the advertising campaign is running as efficiently as possible, not wasting money, and maximizing your ROI. We are continually improving your keywords, ads, targeting, and more. This process helps beat the competition and get the most out of your ad budget.
Plans and Pricing
Google Ads is an excellent platform for virtually any advertising budget. Our clients typically have ad budgets ranging from $500 per month to $30,000+ per month. Some local businesses prefer to start with a budget on the smaller side and add more advertising spend as they see a return on their investment.
Your free analysis and proposal will include a recommended budget based on your geographic location and industry. Since advertising costs are so variable, we give you these estimates as a starting point (but they can be adjusted down or up.)
Below you can get a free Google Ads proposal and analysis that will include detailed pricing information and much more.
Local Search Engine Optimization (Local SEO)
About Local SEO
Local SEO is one of the most popular marketing tactics used by local businesses. If you are unfamiliar, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing your website to increase its visibility in search engines (such as Google.) The higher your website ranks in search, the more web traffic it will receive, and in return, the more new customers you’ll get!
Instead of buying ads to have your business listed at the top of search results, most companies pay a service fee to a local search marketing company with local SEO. It is then the marketing companies’ responsibility to optimize the website each month to rank higher.
Local SEO is considered more of a long term marketing investment. It takes time and a lot of effort to rank a website at the top of Google. That said, once you do rank at the top, it is basically free advertising for your business and can pay off big time.
While SEO is an excellent marketing tactic, it can come with high risks as well. When you hire a local SEO company, you aren’t paying directly for advertising. Instead, you are paying a service fee to the marketing or web design company. Unfortunately, almost every company seems to offer these services, but few have the experience to rank local businesses. In return, you often see local companies spend a lot of money and months on these services with little to nothing to show for in return.
Our Approach and Services
You know how important local SEO is, but you want to make sure it will be a good strategy for your business and yield a positive return on your investment.
Outlined below is everything you need to know about our local SEO services and exactly what you can expect.
- All SEO campaigns start with a thorough analysis and audit of your website, your current rankings, competitors, geographic location, keyword targets, and more. This audit is entirely free of charge. All you need to do is send us some information about your business and we’ll give you the best possible analysis.
- You will receive your custom SEO analysis and audit. Our team will be able to answer any questions you may have. Even if you decide not to use our services, at least you will have a thorough understanding of your current SEO along with recommendations.
- If you are ready to invest and start your SEO campaign, we will move forward with the implementation phase. We will begin working on your website’s SEO and set up your live dashboard with keyword tracking, goal progress, and website metrics.
- Each month we will work on your SEO campaign and send you updates on the progress. With our rank tracking and reporting system, you will be able to see keyword rankings and more. Every week there will be an update that shows the progress for each targeted keyword. For example, you will see what position the keyword started and what position it sits currently. With this data-driven approach, we make sure that your campaign progresses and you are on track for achieving the best results.
Pricing and Plans
The cost of Local SEO services will vary depending on keyword difficulty and geographic location. For example, a New York City lawyer should expect to pay a lot more for SEO services than a lawyer located in a less populated suburb.
The cost of SEO largely relies on the relative competition. For SEO to be effective, you have to outrank your competitors. Therefore there isn’t a one size fits all plan or pricing strategy. Without identifying keyword targets and researching competitors first, you leave many opportunities to be extremely undercharged (and therefore get no results) or overcharged for your specific competition level.
Suppose you are interested in learning more about your business’s competition level and what it would cost to run an effective SEO campaign. In that case, we can send you a custom SEO analysis and audit. This analysis will cover your competitors, potential keyword targets, your required investment, and more.
Overall local search engine marketing services (Paid Search & SEO) can be an excellent investment for any local business. Some businesses prefer to use paid search and search engine optimization, while others prefer to start with one service.
Our team can create a custom proposal and analysis with recommendations to get you started or improve your current marketing efforts. We will research keywords, your competitors and show you the strategy and steps we can take to reach your goals.